Saturday 7 February 2015

Winter kick - carrot, apple, ginger and lemon juice

I first started drinking "healthy" juices when I started having sciatica problems. I read ginger was great for sciatica problems as it's anti inflammatory, and along with my physiotherapy, I can tell you, I haven't had any major sciatica crisis in 2 years! Bear in mind I work with children and often carry a baby on a sling for hours, and no sciatica in sight!
I have a few key juices I make for different needs. This week for instance, I spent a lot of time outside with the kids and started feeling extremely exhausted, dry skin and generally feeling like a reck. I ate a lot of nuts (specially almonds), pulses, packed my meals with healing spices like cinnamon and turmeric. Even though I felt a lot better and kept me going, I had to add more to my juices.
I am drinking it as I am writing this post and I can already feel it kicking in - I am energised!
Try it too, it's amazing!

3 medium carrots
1/2 lemon
Generous knob of ginger - about 2 cm
1 juicy red apple

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment