Saturday 7 February 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten free

It's freezing outside and I am inside working on my research about food, and recipes and cookbooks... food food food... The vegan curry I made for lunch was absolutely delicious and very filling, but that was at 1 pm and it's 6pm and I am ravenous!
Since it's the weekend, and I am a very nice girl, I figured chocolate chip cookies wouldn't do any harm - you're with me, right?
Here's the recipe ( and I am still licking my fingers).


150 gr softened butter
2 eggs, cold from the fridge and separate yolks from whites
125 light muscavado sugar
100 gr caster sugar
300 gr rice flour
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
1 tsp xantham gum
2 tsp vanilla extract (the best quality you can afford)
200 gr good quality dark chocolate ( I used 70%) - break into chunks

Essentially, I made a mistake mixing the ingredients the first time I made this recipe, but since it worked out so well I am keeping it that way.

Pre-heat the oven 170 C and line a baking tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.

Weigh in all dried ingredients in one bowl and set aside. Separate the eggs - whites in a small bowl, yolks in the main mixing bowl. Add the softened butter and vanilla extract to the egg yolks and beat for a minute, then add all dried ingredients at once except for the chocolate chunks. Add the egg whites last and the chocolate chunks.

Roll the dough into roughly 22 balls and bake for 15 minutes. I have a small baking tray so I baked 9 cookies at a time. You can also keep the cookie dough in the fridge for 5 days and bake fresh. The baked cookies last 5 days.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment