Friday 9 May 2014

Banana Cinnamon and walnuts cake - Gluten Free

Every time i do my weekly shopping i always seem to buy way too many bananas... and by the end of the week there's always 2 or 3 browning on my fruit bowl. At Raquel's Homemade HQ we don't like waste so... we bake banana cake!
I have tried many recipes for this cake and this one seems to work best every time. I have adapted Mary Berry's Banana Cake recipe to my intolerance to gluten - even if you don't have any food intolerances this makes a lovely cake and that is the end of that!
To make it my own, i use cinnamon and walnuts, i think it's a delicious match!

Gas mark 4 - regular loaf tin

100gr melted butter
175gr caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3 bananas (Mary only uses 2 but if you like a strong banana flavour, like me, add another one)
225 gr gluten free self raising flour ( or regular white flour)
1 tsp baking powder
2tsp cinnamon
100gr walnut halves broken
3 tbs milk

Mix the dry ingredients and set aside. Beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs, the vanilla, bananas (mashed) and milk. beat for 3 or 4 minutes then add the dried ingredients. last but not least, add the walnuts and blend with a spoon. Bake for 55-60 minutes.
This is perfect for afternoon tea, to take to the park for a picnic or to the beach?
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment