Monday 8 April 2013

Grilled Courgette with feta and avocado salad with Chicken nuggets

I am not sure if it's on my feminine nature, but I do enjoy a trip to the supermarket! Not just a bargain hunter, not at all! I enjoy the the fruit and vegetable sections, the season's deals, the flower stands, the "world food"section, and of course, the packages' design! For my weekly shop I am devoted to my Nectar card at Sainsbury's. For fruit and vegetable Waitrose; and for "rare/different" items, and to lift my food spirits,  Whole Foods Market! I also enjoy a trip to Planet Organic for fresh salads.
These supermarkets have suggestions for recipes and I love having a look. I have piles and piles of these recipes and today's recipe was inspired by one I got from Waitrose.
This severs 4 people:

3 medium courgettes
1 avocado
200gr feta Cheese
1 lemon
400gr chicken fillets
bread crumbs
1 free range egg
Good quality olive oil
Knob of butter

Prepare 3 plates -one with flour, one with bread crumbs and one with the beaten egg.

Season the chicken fillets with salt, pepper and the juice of half a lemon.

In a frying pan, heat a couple of table spoons of olive oil and a knob of butter.

Now pass each fillets, one by one, in the flour, then the egg and finally the bread crumbs, and fry it.

Once the nuggets are ready, put them on the side covered to keep them warm.

Slice the courgettes in stripes and sprinkle a little olive oil so they don't stick to the grilling pan. Grill the slices and put them on the side.

Once the courgettes are ready, start preparing your warm salad!

Cut the feta cheese and the avocado into cubes. Mix in a bowl with the courgettes, season to taste with salt, pepper and the juice of the other half of the lemon.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment