Wednesday 13 March 2013

Pasta Marinero

This is probably my favorite pasta nowadays. It's so easy and quick to make and it's always always always a success.
I had my friend Emily for dinner and, as always, wanted to impress... as I didn't have time to go to the supermarket had to use what was on my cupboard and the freezer!
With a can of tomatoes, and a bag of mixed sea food I had in the freezer, i made this super delicious supper!
Chop one onion and 3 garlic cloves and add a splash of olive oil and 2 bay leaves.
Once the onion is turning gold, add the sea food mix and a large glass of white wine (i had some table white wine which did the trick perfectly - great if you're on a budget) - pinch of salt and pepper, and let if come to the boil. Now add the chopped tomatoes - if you have fresh use about 4 medium ones, if not, a can of chopped tomatoes is just fine.
I always cook the pasta IN THE SAUCE! I know a lot of british people who think it's crazy, but believe me, it's super tasty as the pasta really sucks the great juices of the sauce! (And saves on washing up!) I just add about half the can (of tomatoes) of water, and let it cook on a low eat.
When the pasta is about ready, add a handful of chopped coriander.  I tend to buy fresh coriander and it always goes to waste, so i started freezing it or getting frozen packs that you can get at the supermarket. Tastes just as good and it's very practical! Voilá!

No comments:

Post a Comment