I first made this soup once i had my fridge with the little leftovers of the various vegetables I had used for the week's meals.
For this version of "All together now" I used the following ingredients:
- 1 medium onion
- a little bit of olive oil
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 courgettes or one big one chopped into cubes
- one red pepper sliced
- one can of chick peas
- one piri piri or one small chilli (pinch of chilli powder works just as well)
- tomato puree
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- a little bit of ginger or a sprinkle of ginger powder
- hand full of lentils
- one carrot chopped into cubes
- 2 celery sticks
- pinch of nutmeg
- a couple of sprigs of thyme
The order of vegetables you put on the pan is from the hardest - which take longer to cook - to the softer ones like brocolli which I actually only add once I have taken the pan off the hob and just leave them to cook with the lid on. There is nothing worst than mushy broccoli!
The piri piri or chilli gives it a kick! A bit of attitude. Enjoy!