Tuesday 30 October 2012

Clams "a bolhao pato" - Gluten Free

Inspired by Jamie Oliver's 15 minute meals, I have now the 10 minute meal! Yes, only 10 minutes and you're eating a gorgeous sea food dish! TAKE IT JAMIE!
This is a very typical portuguese starter but my parents made it their own and we used to have it every saturday night!
It's so simple and has such amazing ingredients that completely tickle my soul!
First I start by boilling the white rice. One cup of rice for 2 cups of water and it takes 10 minutes to cook! don't forget to add a pinch of salt!
Then, on a frying pan I put a dollop of (good quality) olive oil and once the oil is hot i had a hand full of small pieces of bacon. 
Once the bacon is starting to look crispy, I add 6 cloves of garlic, crushed only with a knife (nothing fancy) with the skins.
Once I start getting the amazing fragrance of the garlic, in with the clams. For 4 people use 2 kilos.
The final ingredients: a hand full of coriander - no need to chop - and one whole chilli. In my house we use piri piri...because we are portuguese! ehehe
you know when the clams are cooked once they are all opened. If any of the clams don't open, don't eat it. It's nature's way of telling you it's a bad one!
So there you go, a super snazzy, delicious meal in only 10 minutes! 

1 comment: