Tuesday 7 February 2012

Moules - Gluten Free


Today's Homemade is Moules - My dad's recipe
One of my dearest childhood memories is going to the beach with my parents, and not necessarily go for baths in the sea, but to catch mussels! I never did it myself... i would usually just play around in the sand while mum and dad gathered dinner! We used to holiday with my parents' friends Maria Jose and Senhor Mario, a sweet couple who had a house by the beach and always let us stay for the summer as long as my dad cooked every meal! That was a great deal!
My dad's famous mussels recipe was the most requested throughout summer time and Maria Jose always slurped the gravy. I used to think that was a little bit over the top... nowadays how I agree with her!
Well, the recipe is easy.
First you clean the mussels. Once this is done, fry 1 white onion in a little bit of olive oil and add a bay leave. once the onion is slightly fried add the chourico in slim slices ( if you don't have chourico bacon will do nicely too) and fry together with the onions. chop one medium red chilli and add to the mix. then add fresh tomatoes and your mussels. put the lid on, let it cook for about 10 minutes and voila! it's done! add chopped parsley. I usually add a little bit of white long grain rice to the meal to suck up the gravy but you can eat it without just as an appetizer :)
Let me know how it went!



No comments:

Post a Comment