Monday 27 April 2015

Roasted Rainbow - Gluten Free

No I'm not trying to be cutesy with the title of my recipe, I have my first hay fever of this Spring and I am feeling dreadful! Haven't stopped sneezing since last Friday and my nose is more of  a trumped... a red trumpet...
There's not much I can do to stop my hay fever apart from taking anti histamine tablets but I feel better when I eat lots of colourful foods with hugh vitamin C content and super mega spicy.
Here's what I made for my lunch today.


Ingredients
(serves 2)
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 large red bell pepper
1 large yellow bell pepper
3 cloves of garlic - skin on
1 medium white onion
2 teaspoons of sweet smoked paprika
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
sea salt to taste

Preheat the oven on 200 degrees or gas mark. Chop all vegetables into cubes and mix the spices together on a baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes.
Serve with grated beetroot and steamed broccoli.

I also made a grapefruit juice using one white grapefruit, 1 medium navel orange and one large carrot.

Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment