Sunday 10 August 2014

If life throws you lemons... you make... lemon curd: part one - Gluten free

When I was little I was allergic to oranges and lemons. I wonder if it had anything to do with my mum's cravings when she was pregnant with me. She used to eat bread and orange sandwiches (yum...not!)
When I moved to London, aged 23, a crazy thought went through my mind one day - what would happen if I tried some orange juice...I bought a bottle and had a few sips, all ok. A few more...went home feeling fine. I had no reaction so I tried lemon yogurt, lemonade, orange cake, orange chocolate, orange sweets... and all was well... the start of a new citrus era!

Time to stuck into some proper vitamin c!
Recently lemon curd came into my life... shop bought lemon curd... I absolutely adore it with yogurt or on cakes. I'd never thought of making my own until last friday.
I used good old trusty Nigel Slater's recipe. It's easy to make and absolutely amazing on summer cakes, ice cream, yogurts, toast... on it's own! It lasts for 2 weeks in the fridge - I highly recommend!






No comments:

Post a Comment